Friday, January 8, 2010

Street Acid

Jillian said...
Solon, make your own damn game. Right now.

Alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Hope:



You are Sam Gable, an ex-street racer with a shady past gone straight edge. You and your girlfriend of a year and a half are heading to the finest restaurant in town where you plan to propose to her. Her ring is in your pocket. You take pride in the fact that you saved up enough clean money to buy her the ring that she made subtle hints at wanting the most, four months ago when you went to the Jewelers with her. You're driving in your beaten up station wagon with your best girl in shotgun, it may not be much and at times it makes you sick to be seen in, but its better than stolen property.

You're on your way to the Poison Ivy when lights suddenly begin to flash brightly in your rear view mirror. You find yourself surrounded on all sides by dark cloaked men riding donkeys and on what is usually a busy highway, you notice that there are no cars around you other than these. Your crap wagon is being pummeled on all sides and you are quickly overwhelmed and ushered off the road into the ditch. The dark cars pull over beside you and your vision begins blacking out. Life is in frames right now. First you see dark men break open the car door. Then you see your girlfriend shouting while being pulled out of the car. You hear nothing. One of the men jumps back in the car, you see a terrible scar where his eye should be, and then you see his fist, and then you see lots of pretty stars. Finally, you see the ring on the floor of the car, opened and gleaming. You pass out.


You wake up, everything is blurry and your head is spinning. You haven't woken up feeling this bad since you were on the street circuit. As you get your bearings and your vision gets clearer, you notice that you are in friendly territory, but you can't remember why...
You hear a sultry female voice behind you that stings like a knife in your back.

"So the Phoenix is back from his ashes."

Liz... It all comes rushing back to you. She was your partner on the streets, she knew you better than anyone else could. She was your mentor and she has been around the circuit for a long time.

"It's been a while, Sam. Finally done sucking corporate cock, or did you just miss me?"
And to think. Her bite is even worse than her bark.

"What is going on?... Where is-"

"Hold on there hotshot. You've got a lot of questions. And I've got a lot of answers. So, instead of listening to you whine about your problems. I'm going to heap a ton load of shit on to you, and if your head doesn't explode after that you can feel free to finish asking your questions to someone who cares."

Yeah, and this is Liz when she is polite.

"Now, you've been banged up good, Sam Gable. And I mean REAL good. Physically, Emotionally, and Psychologically. You are in some tough shit. You're trapped right now."

"Yeah, trapped with you."

"Either me, or death. Now shutup and don't interrupt me again, or I'll cut you... You finished? Good. Now where was I..." "Those men that made off with your girlfriend? I think you remember them... The Bellacozzi? Or did they beat that out of you too?"

"Yeah..." You rub your head, the pain in your eye is piercing and the bright light isn't helping. The smell of your blood lingers, You really hope its dry by now... "The Bellacozzi are those assholes I used to race against back in the day. They always gave us trouble and we'd always show them who was the better racer. But I thought they were disbanded after some 'creative differences' at the top of the pile."

"Hah! That's what I thought too, in fact its been really boring around here ever since you stopped showing up - I actually had to keep up with my garage and fix real people's problems. You know how much I hate real people! Boy, did they rape us though. Turns out that the Bellacozzi never actually died but, in fact, went deep underground to organize something... Something big... And personal... They've got us by the balls right now, Sam."

Liz has only used that sentence two other times, and those were some of the most serious times in my underground life. When she says that they've got us by the balls. She means it.

"So. They took your girl, kicked you back to the curb, and I wouldn't be shocked to see some form of ransom note real soon."

"Kicked me to the curb?"

"Yeah. This is personal. Between you and them. They are still pissed about what you did to them years ago, and they want you to suffer. Right now, we are stuck playing by their rules and the only way to get your girl back is going to be beating them at their own game."

"You mean, racing, huh."

"I'd assume so."

"How do you know all of this? Where do you stand?"

"Fuck you."

No answer... I should've expected as much. She is a really private person but her eyes say everything. Something of hers has been taken, just like me.

"They wanted me to know all of this. They told me where you'd be, Sam. They told me that I had to get you. But that's all that they- "

'CRASH'

A small Asian man is thrown through the window. He is dead. His hat lies nearby and a note is stapled to his chest.

"ODDJOB! NO!" You shouted... He was a great friend. He helped you out of quite a few jams back in the day. It's been a while since you've seen him and this is not how you wanted to meet.
Liz makes no response aside from a light "Shit." spoken underneath her breath. She reads the note.

"How long has it been since you've been behind the reigns, Gable?"

"Two years and three months." A smile drifts to your face, but it quickly retracts and you wince with pain- everything still hurts. Deep inside.

"Shit. Looks like your back in. We're headed underground. I've still got the old mare. I've been keeping her clean and I'm sure that they want that still. They've always wanted to try to find out the secret of how I get that ass to accelerate so quickly off the line."

I find the ring case again when I bring my hand from my throbbing head into my jacket pocket. Liz always takes good care of me.

She looks you over one last time and shrugs disapprovingly. "The Phoenix flies again."

__________________________________________________________

"Street Acid"

A donkey racing game with a thicker than average storyline much in the same vein as Need For Speed. Fast and Shiny mares. You can tune and customize your very own ass with NO2, Neon, paints, engines, and suspension systems to make the fastest donkey on the street to save your girlfriend and take down the Bellacozzi once and for all. Crazy drifts and jumps with a simple online multiplayer racing mode make this the strangest and best racer out there today.

1 comment:

  1. DO WANT SO MUCH! YOU ARE MY OFFICIAL HERO OF THE NEW YEAR. I AM SHARING THIS WITH EVERYTHING WHO BREATHES OXYGEN!



    And hey... excellent job ;)

    ReplyDelete